Please note: This blog is now hosted at LoneStarOnALark.com
this backup blog will not remain as-is for very long, so please visit the new site instead!

29 July 2012

Stitching: My 1st Skirt, Simplicity 1807

Another Day Zero update!

Goal #58 on my Day Zero Project list is to learn how to sew.

Well, 2 weeks ago I got to spend some time with a couple of sewing buddies. M. was kind enough to let me borrow her older machine (she has a fancy new one), and to help me along in my first foray into sewing.

I made a skirt! It is purple! With yellow ribbon! And a POCKET.


I am super happy about the pocket. All skirts should have pockets. Everything should have pockets.


I don’t know what I want to make next. I’m tempted to try another skirt. Like, this same skirt but in a bunch of different colors. Or patterns? Fabrics? Or maybe I should try something more appropriate for fall?

Well, I don’t know when I’ll next get a chance to sew, anyway. So there’s plenty of time to decide. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?



2 comments:

Selenia said...

You have such an awesome website! I found it through Facebook and really love all your projects and hobbies! And I'm so happy to know someone also working on the Day Zero project!! I'm only on item 25 or so so I need to get with it. I'm really wanting to sew a costume for Halloween but I'm terrible at it, I tried knitting once with my niece and she is great at it but I need a lot of work.
And you've inspired me to fix up my desk area. I love your Habitat Project! :)

looloolooweez said...

Hello! Ha, it is funny that you found this place through FB -- I'd forgotten I'd linked to this there.

The Day Zero Project is really motivational! It really helps to have a clear list of long-term goals to work on, even if most of the goals are "small" ones.

In my admittedly brief experiences with both, I find knitting is more difficult to learn than sewing. In sewing, you just follow the instructions and let the machine do most of the stitching. But in knitting, your hands had better be able to keep up!

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Comments are subject to moderation, but don't let that scare you off!