Please note: This blog is now hosted at LoneStarOnALark.com
this backup blog will not remain as-is for very long, so please visit the new site instead!

26 August 2012

Day Zero Project: Graduation

It is that time of the month again -- time to talk about my Day Zero Project I mean!

This month I fulfilled #98 on the list: Graduate!


All regalia'd up. Photo by my lovely mother-in-law and her fancy smartphone.


Also  #97 - Maintain a 4.0 GPA.

This news is not new news to those who know me IRL. I basically couldn't shut up about it.

So I'm pretty happy about this. It is nice to be done with school (for now).

We went up to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to stay with my mom for the weekend of the commencement ceremony. Gary's parents came too, which was great. We were also able to see my uncle and aunt as well as my grandparents. I'm looking forward to seeing my family again in September, and Gary's in November. I sometimes feel like we don't get to see our families enough.

Anyway! I got lots of awesome loot from lots of awesome people whom I can't thank enough. I'd never have been able to make it this far without the support of my family and friends.

The most unexpected surprise: a sewing machine courtesy of my friends and coworkers! It is basically the same as the machine I was borrowing, which is great because there won't be so much of a learning curve (though I am definitely still learning). I can't believe they went to all that trouble! I feel a little squeeee bubbling up whenever I think of it. The next project is another skirt, same pattern, different variation/material.


7 comments:

Kara said...

Hey there. I followed your blog link from the ADF blog. I am from Texas myself - I still have family in Houston and Dallas, although I'm an Austin girl at heart. :)

Just wanted to say "hi" and that I am going to follow your Day Zero projects. Maybe it'll give me some impetus to get going on my own Day Zero stuff!

Jessica Cangiano said...

That's flat out awesome! Happiest congrats on graduating and maintaining such fantastic grades.

Wishing you all the best with whatever exciting adventures the future holds in store for you now, dear gal!

♥ Jessica

looloolooweez said...

Kara -- hello! It is always fun to meet a fellow Texan. The Day Zero stuff is really motivating when you need that extra little bit of accountability.

Jessica -- hello again! Thanks so much, you are such a sweetheart.

Louise said...

1)Well look at you, all pretty! It is very nice to be able to put a face to the blog.

2) Congratulations on your graduation or, as in the episode of Three's Company that I half-watched, half napped through this afternoon, "Congraduations!" I have been considering starting my Masters' but it terrifies me (especially since I'd be doing it while working full time). So you have inspired me!

3) I have really been enjoying your Happy Habitat stuff and I am more than excited about the imminent return of Wednesday Link Love. I always learn something awesome!

looloolooweez said...

Well, hello, Other Louise!

Listen, if I can do a Master's *you* certainly can. It was a lot of late nights and one semester in particular was nightmarish, but that's because I couldn't get practicum credit for my job. If you're already doing library work, you've won half the battle.

Selenia said...

Congratulations Louise! You look lovely! And that is really wonderful that you got a 4.0!! You are very bright and talented and I know you will have many successes in your career!

looloolooweez said...

Thank you Selenia, that's very sweet of you ^__^

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Comments are subject to moderation, but don't let that scare you off!