Please note: This blog is now hosted at LoneStarOnALark.com
this backup blog will not remain as-is for very long, so please visit the new site instead!

09 November 2012

Time continues to pass

I originally intended to post a recipe today, but it didn't turn out quite as planned. Another time, perhaps. Instead, randomness....

 - - - - - - - -

Nerd Fitness Morning Mile Challenge

I've been walking a mile (sometimes 2) every morning for a week now because I'm participating in the NF Morning Mile Challenge, which goes on the for the whole month of November. So far, so good.

 - - - - - - - -

Sewing WIPs

+ Chiffon shirt from Sewing in a Straight Line by Brett Bara

+ Lightweight knit cardigan from that same book

+ Red wool vintage-inspired office dress (Simplicity 1882, from the “Amazing Fit” collection, as recommended by Karen from Did You Make That?)

I had no idea suiting wool would be so damn expensive. Even sticking to only the cloth on sale, and with a coupon, I basically blew my sewing budget for the rest of the year on this stuff. Now I’m almost too afraid of messing it up to touch it.

 - - - - - - - -

Book Lust

I borrowed Book Lust, More Book Lust, and Book Lust To Go, all by Nancy Pearl last week via our public library's ebook lending service. My already overburdened to-read list now consists of over 500 books. If I read 50 books a year (on the low end of typical for me), it will take me 5 years to get through them all... if I don't add any more, which is ridiculous, of course I will. HELP.

 - - - - - - - -

Groucho

This handsome young lad has been hanging around the neighborhood for a while now. He’s recently decided to make a napping nest in the garden next to our front door. We don’t feed him, but for some reason he likes spending time with us anyways.



He’s pretty close to full grown but he still “makes biscuits” and I haven’t seen him spray. We’ve been calling him Groucho because of his moustache.


2 comments:

Selenia said...

That is such an awesome challenge! And what an inspiring story!!

I can't wait to see what you are sewing! WOW that dress is beautiful! I love the polkadots on the bottom.

How do you organize your book lists/to-read lists? I use goodreads at times but mostly I have an excel sheet. I want to use goodreads completely but I'm afraid of something happening and then losing my list. I know what you mean completely. I see new books and add them to the list ALL THE TIME and it would take me so long to finish the list I already have.

What a lovely cat!! He's gorgeous!!

looloolooweez said...

Hello! I use Goodreads mostly. I know it probably isn't a permanent solution -- online services like that rarely are -- But I don't really have the patience to keep up with a separate file somewhere.

As to the cat: well, he *is* a cutie pie, but we can't keep him! I put some flea meds on him and I'm looking into a cheap way to get him "fixed" but with our current lease we just can't take on another pet.

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Comments are subject to moderation, but don't let that scare you off!