Please note: This blog is now hosted at LoneStarOnALark.com
this backup blog will not remain as-is for very long, so please visit the new site instead!

17 March 2013

On Butterflies

My mother came to town recently. It was a nice little visit. We ended up going to HMNS and -- get this -- we went in the Butterfly Center.

That may not seem like a big deal to you but it is to me. You see, I'm afraid of butterflies.

Not, like butterflies specifically. Just anything with more than 4 legs in general. Spiders and wasps are the worst, but other "cute" creatures like ladybugs or, yes, butterflies are still pretty awful. I can't even eat shrimp if the legs are still attached.

But... we went into the little tropical habitat and I didn't run and I didn't scream and, most importantly, I didn't smush any rare live specimens. We even saw an Atlas Moth which was surprisingly really cool. So: VICTORY.








⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄⋄




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Comments are subject to moderation, but don't let that scare you off!