Please note: This blog is now hosted at LoneStarOnALark.com
this backup blog will not remain as-is for very long, so please visit the new site instead!

04 August 2013

The Parable of the Prodigal Blogger

Has it really been so long?

I want to keep writing here. I like having an online "home" like this. Having a blog, even a tiny little backwater one like mine, gives one a little more ownership over a slice of the Internet than do social networking profiles and forum memberships and such.

Where have I been?

Working, mainly. I quite like my new job, but for some reason I just don't have much energy at all at the end of the day. That's getting better, though, so perhaps it just required an adjustment period.

In May, some friends and I went to see Brandon Sanderson at Blue Willow Bookshop up in Houston. He was doing a signing for his new YA novel, The Rithmatist, which I devoured immediately after getting home that evening. The whole event was just wonderful.



You can read a part of my review of this book at Goodreads (which, by the way: not happy about the Amazon thing).

I also dyed my hair with rainbow streaks. Well, I paid a lovely woman named Edith to do it, but you know what I mean. It took HOURS because my hair is so dark and the bleaching process was just slow. I never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness my hair isn't any thicker or else it would have taken all day.



I went with a couple of coworkers to the Galveston ArtWalk in April. That was pretty cool.



And Gary and I went up to Houston for a nice lunch on his birthday in July. We meant to do a tour of the Saint Arnold brewery, but that didn't work out. We ended up at this nice little tapas place instead.



I'm also watching a little more TV lately, and going to the gym a little less. Not healthy, not at all. That needs to change. Less passively expressed: I need to change that.

I don't think I can go back to posting 2 or more times each week. I don't think I want to go back to monthly French or Day Zero posts, either. Not yet, anyway. Not yet. For now, once a week will be enough.

P.S. -- If you follow LSoaL by RSS, you're probably wondering why you just got a flood of posts from February and March. Turns out that I suck at scheduling posts and those ones never actually got published, and then I went on hiatus and never even noticed. Oopsie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Comments are subject to moderation, but don't let that scare you off!