Please note: This blog is now hosted at LoneStarOnALark.com
this backup blog will not remain as-is for very long, so please visit the new site instead!

14 March 2014

What I've been reading lately

Just look at these beauties....


There's just something so pleasing about paperback boxed sets, isn't there?

I might have spent my Christmas gift certificates all at once. No shame.

Reviews to come.



♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I read A LOT. Way more than I could possibly hope to review properly. But I do give it my best shot. And I keep track of it all at Goodreads (see: widget displaying my current reads in the sidebar to the right).

Last year I set a goal of 70 books; I ended up reading a total of 88. Some people read more, some less. It isn't a competition, only a personal challenge.

This year my goal is 80. Yes, that's less than my total for last year. However, I intend to try some larger/more brain-intense books this year, plus a bit of re-reading. My sweet in-laws got me the new Harry Potter paperback boxed set with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi and you bet I started in on that re-read right away (not least due to a need for some "comfort" reading after a particularly shocking couple of months at the library... which is a story for another day).

I'm thinking of joining the Classics Club, which is a group of people who've all decided to read 50+ classic books in 5 years or less. 10ish classic books per year doesn't sound too bad. I've already started on a list of potentials, but defining "classic" is a bit of a challenge. What counts as classic when your preferred genres are less than a century old and didn't even really take off until like 50 years ago?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Comments are subject to moderation, but don't let that scare you off!