Please note: This blog is now hosted at LoneStarOnALark.com
this backup blog will not remain as-is for very long, so please visit the new site instead!

21 March 2015

30 by 30 Progress Report

It's hard to believe, but my little corner of the Internet is now 4 years old! I started writing here in March of 2011 (here is my first post). A lot has changed since then.

The design has changed, as has the typical content. As I've gotten more comfortable with a little bit of blending between my online and "real" lives, and as I've been increasingly active in certain communities, I've really had to clean up around here! Many of my older posts have been scrubbed away. Right now I'm working on bringing back some of the decent content in a way that jives with the current purpose + atmosphere of Lone Star on a Lark.

In real life, the past 4 years has been a whirlwind. I gained a Master's degree and a new librarian job (plus 2 accidental promotions) and lost a faithful old vehicle. My husband got a new job, too. And I picked up a couple of new hobbies: sewing and genealogy (though I'm still very much in the beginner stage of both). I've made new friends and really settled in to our new post-college life here.

I've been in kind of a funk these past 2 weeks, but I'm planning a big "blog birthday" giveaway soon, so keep an eye out for it!

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Many people like to make New Year Resolutions. I totally admire that, but for some reason I always feel more comfortable doing the whole yearly review and planning thing around my birthday at the start of spring.

Last year I made a new Day Zero list: 30 by 30. Here's what it looks like as of today:



It might not look like a whole lot of progress, but I think I'm doing OK so far. May of those goals are "in progress" and a few others can easily be accomplished within the next year or so. Wish me luck!


6 comments:

PrintJunkie said...

#22 makes me nervous. Good luck with your list! I like it, it's practical.

Jenni Elyse said...

Good job on making so much progress on your goals. I have a 40 before 40 list and I haven't made much progress. I've only accomplished 4 of them. I wish I had made more book goals, lol. All mine are fitness ones. Sigh.

Reno said...

Congratulations on four years~~!! I didn't realize you're interested in genealogy. That's really cool. I used to be into it when I was younger but it kind of fell to the side ^^; I'd never heard of Day Zero; I might have to check it out. Sometimes I'm really into goal-setting, sometimes I'm really anti-goals. It depends on my mood :P I agree; I think you're doing well. Keep at it!!

Louise said...

Thank you! I feel the same way about goals... I mean, it is healthy to have some goals, but sometimes a little spontaneity is just what you need! That's why I like long-term to-do lists like this.

Louise said...

Thanks! I was actually just thinking that I should have made more fitness goals instead of so many bookish and foodie ones. Oh well! Good luck on your list, too :)

Louise said...

Thank you. Yeah, there's a reason I have checked off number 22 yet... I haven't been to a dentist in far too long.

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Comments are subject to moderation, but don't let that scare you off!