I've been a bit quiet here at LSoaL since my last post. Here's what's up:
1. First and most importantly, time is running out to enter my GIANT GIVEAWAY. Go forth and get free books, my friends!
2. I got semi-forcibly promoted... again. What a weirdly serendipitous thing to happen, right? My boss made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Just to be clear, this is not a bad thing, just entirely unexpected and rather overwhelming at the moment. I've been working a lot of extra hours and dealing with some tough decisions lately, and as a consequence haven't felt much like reading/reviewing. BUT there is some stuff in the pipeline, so stay tuned.
3. Instead of reading the stuff I'm supposed to be reading, I've been re-reading old favs. And also playing with perfume and stuff instead of reading at all? It's been a while since I've been seriously interested in makeup and other beauty products (or able to financially support the habit). I felt stuck in a slump in more ways than one, so I started a little Tumblr to keep track of the stuff I've been trying:
4. I also finally caved to the temptation and got a 6-month Ancestry subscription. And YES I have a Tumblr for that genealogy stuff, too:
5. Besides all the tempting review copies and birthday gift books I have to play with, I also won a giveaway from Wildmoo Books: Under Magnolia by Frances Mayes. You know what else is awesome? A coworker of mine got to go to the TLA conference this year and she brought me back a cute little MG book called Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures by Jackson Pearce and Maggie Stiefvater. I'm really looking forward to reading both of these!